Materie lMelissa Gridley[muh-teer-ee-el] noun
the aggregate of things used or needed in any business, undertaking, or operation (distinguished from personnel).
Materia lMelissa Gridley[muh-teer-ee-uhl] noun
- the substance or substances of which a thing is made or composed.
- anything that serves as crude or raw matter to be used or developed.
- any constituent element.
- a textile fabric.
- a group of ideas, facts, data, etc., that may provide the basis for or be incorporated into some integrated work.
- materials, the articles or apparatus needed to make or do something.
- a person considered as having qualities suited to a particular sphere of activity.